A. Associate Members
1. A member in good standing at the time of retirement, loss of employment with an AFA-CWA carrier or loss of AFA-CWA representation, who is no longer eligible for active membership, and who is not employed where AFA-CWA is the member's bargaining representative, shall be eligible for Associate Membership for the purpose of participating in programs established for Associate Members upon payment of appropriate dues and qualification for such programs.
2. A person who has not previously been a member of AFA-CWA, who is employed as a flight attendant or aspires to such employment, and for whom AFA-CWA is not the bargaining representative, may apply to become an associate member for the purpose of participating in programs established for associate members upon payment of appropriate dues and qualification for such programs.
3. The International President may establish different programs for various subcategories of associate members. Commensurate dues for such subcategories shall be initially established by the International President and International Secretary-Treasurer, subject to ratification by majority vote of the Executive Board by mail ballot or in session or the Board of Directors in session.
4. Associate members shall not be eligible to vote or be candidates for International or other offices in the Union.
1. An individual who meets the criteria set forth in Section A. above shall complete the standard form provided for that purpose by the International Secretary-Treasurer of the Union. The completed application shall be forwarded to the International Secretary-Treasurer.
2. Each application for associate membership under Section A.2. above shall be investigated and either accepted or rejected by the International Secretary-Treasurer. The applicant may resubmit a rejected application to the Executive Board for an appeal of the International Secretary-Treasurer's decision. Any time the International Secretary-Treasurer becomes aware of any willful misstatements or the entering of untrue or misleading information or the withholding of essential or pertinent information on an application, the International Secretary-Treasurer shall take appropriate action.